The high performance press for todays prime label and packaging printer. If you're looking for precision registration, a perfect kiss impression to reproduce todays fine dots, and an operator friendly design that will reduce set-up time, then your search won't be over until you look at the L-Series press from Propheteer. THE L-SERIES ADVANTAGE Visibility Our unique 15 inch viewing area allows a direct view of impression. Changes to registration can be observed immediately as they are made, dramatically reducing the time and material wasted getting jobs running. Zero Plate Bounce Print cylinders are locked down in steel carriages, eliminating print cylinder bounce. Precision Impression Control
Print impression and ink delivery operate independently, allowing the operator to always set a perfect kiss impression for superior print quality.
Tight Print to Print Register Over 80% of the parts & gears in our presses are made in our own plant on state of the art CNC machining centers. Precision machining eliminates run out and results in a press with superior running register control. Heavy Duty Construction Our standard press is more rugged than our competitors heavy duty versions. We put higher quality components into the press for durability and consistent high quality printing over the life of the press Room to Work Our unique open print head design gives the operator easy access to components on press, eliminating the need for slide out drawers used by our competitors. All components can be removed easily, independently and without tools from the front of the press. Access to the Web No other press has an open design with the access to the web that you get with a Propheteer. Our customers can create custom web paths to convert specialty products or add new components with little or no modification or expense. Specifications at a glance
|Maximum Paper Width|
|Maximum Print Width|
|Maximum Print Repeat|
|Maximum Die Repeat|
|Waste Rewind Capacity|
|Drive Motor (hp)|
- Power roll lift protects operator from back strain.
- Maximum roll capacity is 10.25 inches wide weighing 545 pounds for the 1000L press
- Maximum roll capacity is 13.75 inches wide weighing 704 pounds for the 1300L press.
- Maximum roll diameter is 40 inches.
- Three inch diameter air expanded coreholder, with inflator included.
- The roll end detector is easily adjusted to minimize waste when using cores of different thickness.
- Dancer regulates the roll tension brake and smoothes tension variation caused by an out-of-round roll.
- Splice table with pneumatic clamps and a cutting surface with a built-in straight edge and adhesive tape roll holder facilitates accurate and quick splicing.
- Unwind Tension System - A high friction roller connected to a magnetic brake creates web tension. A transducer roll located downstream from the unwind tension drum measures the amount of web tension, feeding that information to the tension controller, which in turn controls the magnetic brake. The tension controller features convenient setting buttons and numeric display of set point and running tension.
- An electronic edge guide precisely controls the web position.
OPTIONS: Corona treater; larger diameter unwind roll capacity; multiple unwinds, web cleaner.
- Maximum printing width is 10" for the 1000L and 13" for the 1300L.
- Plate cylinder circumferences range from 6" to 15", to 24" with adapter.
- Drying is by high velocity air, with four heat settings.
- Lineal (web direction) running registration adjustment is 3/8 inch.
- Lateral (across the web) running registration adjustment is 3/8 inch.
- Quick change anilox roll, metering roll and doctor blade.
- Chrome anilox roll (customer-specified engraving), rubber meter roll and doctor blade provided.
- Idling drive for the anilox and metering rolls engages when the press stops.
- Plate cylinder impression is thrown off when the press stops.
- Impression rolls are through-hardened precision ground tool steel treated for corrosion resistance.
- The inking system can be skewed to achieve perfect alignment to the printing plate, and to compensate
for any inconsistencies in plate or stickyback material thickness.
OPTIONS: adhesive print kit (delam/relam); automatic registration control; cartridge doctor blade systems; chrome and ceramic anilox rolls with customer-specified line counts and cell volumes; individual print station throwoff control; ink pumps; motorized 360° registration; reverse printing station; rotary screen printing head; turn bar; 24" print cylinder adapter; other durometer meter rolls; UV curing lamps; diecutter; double power drying system.
Three diecutting stations are standard:
- Maximum die circumference is 21" (24" with adaptor).
- Minimum die circumference capability is 6-1/2" for top side diecutting and 8" for bottom side diecutting - Consult your die manufacturer for the minimum die size recommended for each diecutting application.
- Manual 3/8" lineal registration adjustment.
- Removable through-hardened precision ground tool steel base rolls in each station.
- Lower base rolls provide support and stability for the removable base rolls.
- Die pressure hardware is quickly and easily removed and installed to expedite die change.
- Bearer and bearing oil wipers.
- 3/4" thick steel frames.
WASTE MATRIX REWIND
- Single 24" rewind capacity.
- 3" pneumatic coreholder with inflate/deflate switch on the control panel.
- Stripping angle is adjustable to improve press speed for difficult-to-strip diecut configurations.
SLITTING AND PULL ROLL
- Three laterally adjustable air operated slitters, with a through hardened and ground tool steel base roll.
- Web tension is displayed on the control panel, for precise adjustment of the pull roll.
- Pull roll is easily removed for cleaning.
One diecutting station is provided:
- Maximum die circumference of 21".
- Minimum die circumference capability is 6.5" for top side and 8" for bottom side diecutting.
- Manual 3/8" lineal registration adjustment.
OPTIONS: 24" die adapter; dual waste rewind; motorized 360° registration; lamination unwind; narrow die adapters; lateral die adjust; linehole punching; waste break detector; hot foil stamping system; embossing; adapters for dies from other press designs.